Monday 30 September 2013

Hey Guys,
I'm sooo excited tomorrow me and Steph are going to Melbourne on a shopping spree. I also found this really cool denim vest at Jay Jays but I decided to save up my money for tomorrow because we would be going to the city. Oh I almost forgot to mention Jay Jays have this really cool deal going on at the moment it is called Double Deals. It ends like this Friday the 3rd of october. Tomorrow I hope we can go to Ally, Jay Jays, Valley Girl, Chic a Bootie, and Daiso. I also need to get a new hair straightener so I hope I can find a good one in Melbourne tomorrow. I think I will do a post where I do reviews about the things I bought, how much they cost, where I got them, and I might even post a pick of myself wearing it. So get excited.

The shopping centre in Melbourne we will be going to is Fountain Gate Westfield, it is by far my favourite shopping centre, we might also go to ikea, and eat at a restaurant called The Booth for dinner. The food at The Booth is really yummy the cuisine is taiwanese.

I also finished making my quilt! I'm so happy I finally finished it. It took me so much time, not to mention blood, sweat, and tears. I can't believe it turned out so well considering I didn't have a colour pallet. Hopefully I will get a good mark. But unfortunately we have to do this really huge assignment to go with the quilt. But then again if you do any art related project, or if you do food tech you have to hand in a really big portfolio.

 Even though I am known as a geek (nerd, whatever you want to call it) it still seems like a lot. So just cos someone seems to study all the time doesn't mean they love doing huge assignments (totally not like your stereotype geek, huh :-).

So think about these things before you choose a subject especially if you don't want to do a really long assignment or get lots of homework. Subjects to look out for if you are lazy: art (huge portfolio, especially in VCE, or so I heard), food tech (heaps of homework, don't know form experience, but see some friends and their food tech work, so not funny almost had a nightmare, no daymare just thinking about it), textiles (very similar to art, except your making stuff not drawing/painting). But thankfully our school doesn't really give us much homework. We are lucky to get homework once a week. So I guess I am really just winging over nothing, but be ware if you don't go to a school that doesn't give much homework. By the way just in case you were wondering, this only applies to you if you are in year 9 and above because you can pick some of your subjects.

Just in case any of you were wondering (probably not) I am doing literature, textiles, and PE (I hate PE, but unfortunately it is compulsory to do PE at our school until you are in year 11, or start of VCE. But then again the practical and theory (the part that teaches you about the bees and whatever, you know what I mean, you get my flow) and the theory part is compulsory so you have to do both parts of PE.

Anyways back to the topic before large portfolios and what subjects you shouldn't choose if you are lazy I'm going to give the quilt to my friend, Steph.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do for my next update please comment.

until next time
love
Jemma xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment